Wednesday, 27 November 2013

Image Manipulation

To edit my photos i used four different manipulation techniques.
Firstly I had to crop the image down to get rid of the excess picture so that all that remained in the image was the white brick wall, because the white serves as a good background to layer text on top of. Next i had to flip the image so that he's facing right to left instead of left to right. After that i had to use the black and white adjustment to make my picture black and white, I did this because i think it makes the picture look more professional and authentic, like it hasn't just been taken in a garage. After that I had to add the film grain filter to give it the aged 'retro' effect, i did this as reservoir dogs is from the 90's and looks a bit grainy so it adds to the authenticity making it look more like a screenshot from a film. I am using this image in my double page spread as I think that there is a nice space next to his head to put a pull quote there.



For the front cover I had to crop down the image again so that it was pretty much only the white wall showing again as it serves as a good background.
After that i had to change it to black and white using the black and white adjustment. Finally I had to add the film grain filter to make the picture look aged to get the feel of an old movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment